Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Brain Might Boil Over!

So i just got settled in our..."hotel" for lack of a better word.......I think im in culture shock already. i thought i was going to have about 6 heart attacks on the drive here from the airport. stop lights dont mean too much here apparently, since no one stops at them. also i got my first mosquito bite already.....malaria here i come!!!! :-)
In Brussels i almost got strip searched.....as it was i had to go to a separate room and take off my shoes and shirts down to my tank top and definitely got felt up about 6 times. it was really weird. then they decided my ipod was safe and let me through. and then the customs guy in Chennai didn't even look at my visa or declarations page......he asked if i voted for obama and when i said yes, just let me pass through.....thats normal and safe right??...the last 30 hours have been so fucking random. i got flowers at the airport. people are EVERYWHERE. its 3:15 am here right now, and the city bus is still running, people are sittin in the middle of the street....the streets aren't paved, and everything is in a weird state of construction, or maybe deconstruction??.....my head cant really deal with all of this at once. ack. i cant really believe i am going to do this for a month, but I guess I havent slept since saturday at 2:30 am (iowa time), so that might be a mitigating factor at the moment. hopefully some sleep will make this all seem more normal??? I am going to sleep for awhile!!!

2 comments:

  1. fabulous! it's probably un-construction. love you miss you bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet.
    malaria.
    only cool people get malaria.

    loveyoumissyoumeanitbye!!!

    ReplyDelete